Adel Hanna, MD
Surgical Critical Care Intensivist
Winthrop University Hospital
• Describe metabolic stress of critical illness
• Review malnutrition and its effects on critically ill
• Review recommendations and trials regarding nutrition of the critically ill
• Select enteric vs. Parental nutrition
• Describe omplications of overfeeding and underfeeding
• Review monitoring of nutrition in the intensive care unit
• Apply current recommendation regarding nutritional support and the critically ill
• Review effect of nutritional support and malnutrition and different outcomes on morbidity mortality, length of hospital stay
Target Audience: Physicians, physician assistants, nurses, residents and fellows in the surgical specialties.
Accreditation: Winthrop University Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Winthrop University Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Credit Designation
Winthrop University Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the South Carolina Nursing Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Provider Number: 1409-023PR 9/24/17 1.0 contact hours will be awarded
It is the policy of Winthrop-University Hospital to adhere to ACCME Accreditation Criteria, Policies and Standards for Commercial Support in order to ensure content validity, fair balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all its sponsored programs. All faculty, planners and authors of CME content, who participate in sponsored programs, must disclose to the audience any potential, apparent or real conflicts of interest related to their contribution to the activity, as well as any discussions of off-label or investigational uses of any commercial products or devices not yet approved in the United States. All disclosures will be made at the time of the activity. Please call Robert D’Antuono, MHA, Director of CME at 516-663-2521 to express any concerns.
Speaker: Adel Hanna, MD has nothing to disclose.
Course Director: Alexander Axelrad, MD has nothing to disclose.
Planning Committee: Judy Jax, RN has nothing to disclose